An idealist, and one of those glass half-full types.
My kind of girl.
But when you think about it, it's not just our facial expressions that can change our day...and the mood of everyone around us.
There's something to be said about accessories. The perfect purse to match your shoes (yes, the bigger the purse the thinner you look!) A theme song that you play on the mornings that you just can't get motivated to work out. Or maybe a special tea cup, that warms your hands on cold mornings, holds your ice cream when you need some foodie love, or even overflows with lo mein noodles on those nights when you forgot to start the dishwasher.
It's our accessories in life that can make the small moments, into meaningful memories. And make the simplest things in life... stick.
So this week's #SundaySupper is all about cheese, cake... and cheesecake! Angie over at is so awesome for hosting, and believe me, you're going to want to read each and every one of these recipes!
And for my recipe? It's simple. So, so simple. But served on this beautiful purple platter, with tea from this lovely cup, I couldn't help but think of Mom making this for me when I was a little girl. And then I remembered how she and Pop loved singing show tunes in the car... well, from Annie, maybe not so much.
I smiled. And it stuck.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake
6 tablespoons soft butter
1 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
Sugar to taste sprinkled on top (I like a lot!)
Mix butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. In seperate bowl add flour, baking power, soda and cinnamon. Mix into butter mixture until just combined. Add in sour cream. Pour into greased 9x13 pan (I used a 9x9 because I wanted a thicker cake- either is fine). Sprinkle with chocolate chips and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until nicely browned and toothpick comes out clean.
Want more #SundaySupper recipes? These take the cake!
- Garlic and Goat by
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by
- Paneer Tikka Masala by
- Tres Fromage by
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by
- Ricotta Croquettes by
- Cheeseburger Soup by
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by
- Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake by
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by
- Kit Kat Chocolate Cake by
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by
- Almond Polenta Cake by
- Salmon Cakes by
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by
- Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by
- Mocha Cheesecake by
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by
- Cheesecake au Baileys by
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by